Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2008

TEN DAYS IS A LONG TIME

I haven't seen my grandson for ten days. In that time he has learned how to roll over and he has begun to teethe. Also, I am sure that he is now reading The Seattle Times and has probably beat my record for the daily crossword.

Ten days seems like a very long time to someone who has sat around the house doing basically nothing of any consequence for over a month. Trapped and unproductive. Getting bigger every day. Mind going soft.

Blah blah blah.

Get off your ass and do something you say? Maybe I'll just do that.

I had a dream last night about a sock monkey. I think I should make one. Perhaps I'll take orders. Here is an example to help you decide.


March 8th and 9th -- 4th Annual Sock Monkey Madness Festival in Rockford, Illinois

Visit the home of the Red heel sock and the sock monkey. And if you don't know what a sock monkey is, you'll learn as you make one from scratch, accessorize it or buy a blank sock monkey and adorn it with their material. Plus, vendors of sock monkeys and sock monkey accessories and products, Miss Sockford 2008 Beauty Pageant, and International Sock Monkey Film Festival. For more information visit MidwayVillage.com

3 comments:

Annie said...

I am starting to be concerned...

Gwenn and Gary said...

It may make you feel better to know that "sock monkey syndrome" aka "SMS" is usually a temporary condition. However, unless it is nipped in the bud it can advance into the dreaded and more serious "Raggedy Anne/Andy Compulsion". Recovery from "SMS" can be enhanced by reviewing the multitude of unfinished projects in your special place and the inventory of materials collected in anticipation of future projects. Oh, that's me.Sami

Gwenn and Gary said...

Delete "Sami" from previous post. Just following the "I'm losing it" theme.
Gwenn