I know I haven't said much the past few months but it seemed to me that the posted photos were often enough to keep you "in the loop" and as I have mentioned before, we all know that a picture is worth a thousand words.
However, yesterday although ordinary, was an exceptional day that I don't think can be captured or explained by a visual alone.
Some very nice things happened and they all made me happy.
I have the good fortune of not only having a terrific job but I also share the same employer as my daughter, Tara. Sometimes our paths will cross but we can often go several days without seeing each other. This morning I heard someone approaching my desk and to my surprise and great pleasure it was Tara, not only looking at me with I want to think was a big happy smile of love, but she also had a steaming cup of apple cider in a beautiful Christmas candy cane mug just for me...right out of the blue.
I left work at 4:30 pm, followed the directions Graham gave me to get out of the big city during rush hour and I arrived at the Birch Bay house 90 minutes later. The Christmas lights were on, the dinner was prepared and my husband and dog seemed really pleased that I had arrived. So I recognize my good fortune to have someone who cares enough to be somewhere waiting for me at the end of my day.
Finally Mike, Jen, Jordan and Sam arrived from Seattle for our 24 hour visit. From the moment I saw all their faces, I knew once more that for many reasons, I am truly blessed.
I have missed Jordan. I have missed his gorgeous face and his unrelenting humour. Mike made sure that he gave me a beautiful warm hug within minutes of arriving and despite the fact we were meeting at Birch Bay, Jennifer made me feel like she was happy to be "home."
Sam not only can race about the house now much faster than me and he also can show you "his belly" - not to forget the interesting fact that he also wants to look at mine (lucky for you, no photo available at this time.) He can tell you the difference between an apple and a lime and his hugs are now spontaneous gifts he gives only when he sees fit.
Sam makes me happy.
I love Sam.
dcdgsijdkdjfsjfgjfjgjfjfdf (I love you too, Grandma.)
3 comments:
What a sweet post, Leslie! You have such wonderful children, and the fact that they love and adore you, and love spending time with you speaks volumes of your parenting. You are blessed, but deserving too! I hope your holiday season is starting off beautifully!
Love,
Esther
And good reasons they are every one. Add to them that you have a father and WSM who love you dearly. Thank you for the tummy warning. we'll start doing our scrunches tomorrow!
I selfishly wish I had been part of that time. I'm very envious. The love and caring you show your friends and family is only exceeded by their love for you.
Post a Comment