Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Babysitting in Bellevue


Well, we all survived. Yes, indeed. At least six months ago I made a promise to my daughter that after my work with Elections BC was over, I would babysit Sam and Charlotte so she could join Mike in Las Vegas where he was attending a jewelry exposition.
 
Three days. Two nights. No biggie.
 
Are you kidding me? I am exhausted. But let me tell you, it's an awesome exhaustion. Because as I sit here and look back through my photos of the weekend, I am able truthfully to say it was terrific. There were hardly any tears by any of us and I was able to keep up the pace remarkably well.
 
Highlights included beauty treatments for me compliments of my granddaughter and listening to my grandson read. He's just five and reading chapter books and only stumbles on words like "Pennsylvania". We did a fair bit of cooking in Charlotte's kitchen and Sam impressed me with his Lego creations and two-wheel bike riding.
 
The nights were great, both kids go to bed so easily. So did I.
 
But it was their loving nature towards me that really was so dear. And a welcome surprise from Charlotte who has warily watched me from afar for the past several months. It provided a lovely bonding experience for us both.
 
I adore them.







 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love these photos Leslie! Love the account of your time with the grandchildren. Sigh, so lovely.
Shelley

Elspeth said...

Beautiful Photos Leslie!
Grandchildren are wonderful gifts.

Elspeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.