Pages

Thursday, May 25, 2017

And here we go again...

 
Photo by Devin Manky
A decade ago I began blogging. At the same time I was expecting my first grandchild. Yes. I was expecting. Now Sam will be ten at the end of summer and Princess Charlotte turns six in a few weeks. And for sure, I know less now about being a grandparent than I did ten years ago when I thought I knew it all. But what I do know is this. Nothing is sweeter than the voice of your grandchild at the other end of the phone. Nothing feels better than their exuberant hugs when you pull into their driveway. And nothing makes me happier than spending time with them. Preferably alone, without their parents. Just kidding. Actually, not kidding.

And we are so thankful as a family to be growing again! I am expecting my third grandchild in July. My hat trick. Three times blessed. If I recall, Tara and Devin had something to do with it but I can't remember what it was.

The past ten years have been busy. Retirement. Moving. A new and exciting venture with a treasured friend. I read books. I ate too much. I pretended that I loved the gym. I traveled to some unforgettable destinations. I had a hip replacement. I took Spanish lessons. Sadly, I lost a few amazing humans. And I made some mighty fine new friendships.

But nothing compares to being a grandma. Nothing comes close. My car license plate holder says "My favorite people call me Grandma."  They make me feel so damn fabulous.

And now we begin again. Thank you for that.

Photo by Devin Manky
 
 


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Will follow this till the end of time ❤️

Unknown said...

Beautifully said Leslie... ����

Unknown said...

Absolutely love your musings!

Shelley Hrdlitschka said...

So glad you are posting again! I've missed your writing and your sense of humour. Welcome back!

Shelley Hrdlitschka said...

It's time to blog again Leslie.

Arlene Matches said...

If you hadn't put the little blurb on Facebook I would never have known you were a blogger....well done, dear friend...

Leslie said...

Thank you.