Now if this happened prior to the birth of my grandson, I would have been very quick to respond with a sarcastic comment about Hallmark or American Greeting cards being behind this ploy to make money on an otherwise insignificant day. However, atitudes change with the times. I see no reason that the sunday after the Labour Day weekend should not be designated as a day to honour grandparents everywhere as we are so very special and worthy of this attention.
On a more serious note, I can share with you something I have kept to myself for quite a while now. If you know me well, (and you do if you are reading this blog) you will know how passionate I am about recording special events, times and places with photography and film. The three weeks I spent in Seattle gave me great opportunities for using both mediums. By the end of my stay I was able to share my completed effort with Mike and Jen. The very best part of it all was the fact that my friend, Keith Bennett, musician extraordinaire, had written and recorded a song especially for Sam which I was able to use in my film. Jennifer wants you to know how much she loves the song and that she appreciates you for writing it for her son.
You rock, Keith Bennett and the picture below proves it. Thank you.

1 comment:
When do the rest of us get to see this masterpiece?
Shelley
Post a Comment