Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Welcome to Solid Food!

After a conversation with Jennifer today I was recalling the days when I began to feed my babies solid food. Farley's Biscuits came to mind. My cousin Mandy had turned me onto them when I had my first child (Jennifer!) and I remember offering them subsequently to Tara and Jordan as well in later years. Not only do I remember that all three babies loved these biscuits but the memory also included the following visual: mushy and melting beige globs in their ears and eyes, up the nose, in the deep folds of their necks, sticky mucky gluelike substance smeared throughout their fine downy hair and often, a good amount of this delicious goop was to be later found deposited down the diaper front. In addition to this, I recall that in very short time, the Farley's biscuit residue dried like concrete on the underside of the highchair and down the chrome legs, so difficult to chip off even with the so sharp and so expensive steak knives we received for a wedding gift from old Auntie Bertha. Good news is that the kids really loved them and the dog did too, so there never was a problem with remnants resting on the floor for very long.

So enjoy this time, dear daughter. I like to call it the beginning of a long period of paybacks.......

1 comment:

Shelley Hrdlitschka said...

Ahh yes. Farlely's biscuits. I remember them too, exactly as you describe them. Thanks for the memories.

My kids delighted in handing the dog the sucked on remains of the biscuits, and the dog become very plump as a result.