I am at Birch Bay today and it is our 1st anniversary of owning our home here. I think I can speak for everyone and say that it was no mistake. We have loved every moment that we spent here and it has proved to be a wonderful place that provided many precious times with Sam that we would not have had otherwise. I hope that when Sam begins to talk, he will begin to ask to come to Birch Bay to see Grandma. (OK, Grandpa, too...)
Speaking of Grandpa, he's going to New York City on Friday. He's finally taking the leap of faith and going to see what all the fuss is about. My fingers remain crossed for good weather because I know he won't do too well inside for too long...I anticipate spending a fair bit of time in some good New York bars, maybe getting out on the water as much as we can, and he says he wants to kiss me at the top of the Empire State Building. (OK, that was a pure lie for the sake of a good story.) I promise to let you know if that happens. I'll also let you know how long he lasted in The Met and just how much time he was willing to stand by the exit door of Filene's waiting for me to find shoes. (FYI - did you know that there is a 3rd Filene's in Manhattan now in the upper eastside - 2222 Broadway?) Did I also tell you that I am excited? That there are only six more sleeps?
I am looking forward to November 15th. Graham and I are going to Seattle to visit our grandson. Oh yes, Jen, Mike and Jordan live there too and we might talk to them occasionally but it is our special time with Sam. We are spending the afternoon with him while his mom prepares a vegan feast for us all to enjoy. Perhaps the weather will be nice enough for a walk to the park or maybe we will just hide ourselves away in his bedroom with the door closed so no one intrudes. Sam loves his grandpa very much and I just love watching the way he buries his beautiful little face into his grandpa's neck and how he puts his little arms around Graham's face to pull him closer.
When you are grandparents you will understand and agree that the love we feel for our grandchildren is unique because it is so pure and simple.
2 comments:
Sam is so lucky to have such loving grandparents!!!
xo
Enjoy New York and Seattle!
xo
Yes, it is a wonderful feeling to be a grandparent and even more amazing to be a great grandparent.
I'm waiting to see a picture of Sam, in his "fish" sweater.
Samuel,have fun with your Grandma and Grandpa Thomas this weekend.
Post a Comment