If this grandaughter of mine doesn't come in the next day or so, Bob and I will soon find ourselves in financial ruin. To pass the time we have shopped. Every day this week there has been another store to visit, therefore another purchase is made, usually something that I had no previous notion of wanting, needing or buying until it was in my hot little menopausal hands. We also have enjoyed lunch out every single day. Tuesday it was Indian, Wednesday Sushi, Thursday Asian Fusion, Friday back to India and today we went to China. Jen and I have been taking turns cooking dinner at home. Her turn was today and thank goodness because I only have so many vegan options in my repetoire.
Until this morning. Jen told me there was an online coupon for $10 off any $25 purchase at Macy's this morning, lasting only until 1 pm. Come on, anyone with half a brain knows that is a good deal. So off to Macy's we went. On arrival at Bellevue Square Jen and I went our separate ways. She, to the children's department and I went to lingerie. Yes indeed. I had the urge for something special. Unfortunately I soon realized that I had left my eye glasses at home and would be at the mercy of the sale clerks to tell me prices and to ensure I didn't go home with anything that said "S" on the label. There was a great sale and I ended up treating myself and Tara. Examples shown in photos. You can let your imagination run wild to determine which gonch belongs to which woman.
Jen is being mean to Bob. And me. She is taking her "week 41" frustrations out on the two of us. She threatens to throw a magazine at him when he casually calls out hello (insert incessant barking here) to the neighbours everytime they pass by the window. And she is simply being disrespectful to me. Her beloved mother. Not only has she advised me that my hair style today is reminiscent of a sister wife, but she also strongly suggested that I apply to the TV series "What Not to Wear." I hoped she would help me with some facial hair removal and she just snorted. No way. When I asked her opinion on a dress I was modeling for her at Macy's today she gave me the same look I often saw on her as a young child just before she barfed. You should have seen the look of relief on her face when she realized that the nightie I bought was not what she originally thought it was....a dress. Give me some credit. Bob thinks I have fabulous taste. So does my grandson. And she refuses to paint my toes because she thinks that if she can't reach her toes, she sure as hell ain't going to touch mine.
I am an old. She is 30. She is up first thing in the morning and last to bed at midnight. I am not pregnant (insert raucous laughter here) so where oh where has my stamina gone? I don't know where she finds the energy at this late stage of the game but what I know for sure is that it is 9:45 pm in Seattle and I am going to bed. Tomorrow Jen will probably have me shopping again and it's my day to cook dinner. Okay, in reality I like to come downstairs to my bedroom and play iphone games with my husband who was left behind to work in order to pay for all this shopping. Do you think he will like the lingerie I chose?
He may ditch me soon so I am always on the lookout for a new partner to play "Words With Friends" with. Keep me in mind.
Oh come on, I'm kiddin.
Last night when I was talking to Barbie in Vancouver, she asked if I would be going to Macy's today. I know for sure my answer had an indignant tone to it because I recall saying something like "Why would I be going to Macy's? I don't need anything. I am retired. If I go there, I will buy something. So no, Barbie...I am NOT going to Macy's."
Jen is being mean to Bob. And me. She is taking her "week 41" frustrations out on the two of us. She threatens to throw a magazine at him when he casually calls out hello (insert incessant barking here) to the neighbours everytime they pass by the window. And she is simply being disrespectful to me. Her beloved mother. Not only has she advised me that my hair style today is reminiscent of a sister wife, but she also strongly suggested that I apply to the TV series "What Not to Wear." I hoped she would help me with some facial hair removal and she just snorted. No way. When I asked her opinion on a dress I was modeling for her at Macy's today she gave me the same look I often saw on her as a young child just before she barfed. You should have seen the look of relief on her face when she realized that the nightie I bought was not what she originally thought it was....a dress. Give me some credit. Bob thinks I have fabulous taste. So does my grandson. And she refuses to paint my toes because she thinks that if she can't reach her toes, she sure as hell ain't going to touch mine.
He may ditch me soon so I am always on the lookout for a new partner to play "Words With Friends" with. Keep me in mind.
Oh come on, I'm kiddin.
Anticipation is a big part of this game. Wouldn't change a thing for the world. This time together is a gift. We are all waiting for a lovely little girl.
She will come when she says so.
Night night from Regular Grandma xo
3 comments:
Really entertaining post Leslie. And OMG, I do "Words with Friends" with my Philadelphia friends. If you want to start a game I'm Sbutryn. Happy Waiting!
Have patience, avoir de la patience, tener paciencia, abbi pazienza, and Geduld haben... practice patience in french, spanish, italian and german and time will pass.
If you run out of things to buy for yourself, you could start shopping for me! :)
xo
Shelley
Post a Comment