Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I'M HAVING AN AFFAIR...













Last night I slept with a new man. He hardly took up any room and he smelled considerably better than the dog I was sleeping with last week. Earlier on in the evening we all drew straws and I fortunately won the 3 am - 7 am shift, so I had already slept for a good stretch before I picked up my sleepover guest from his parents' bedroom. Sam and I began our nightwatch together in the living room, first sitting with feet propped up, then moving to snuggle on the couch. This is where I told him that if we were going to get along he was going to have to like James Taylor and Vicki Gabereau. After about an hour we moved to his rocking chair and I briefly considered grabbing his bathing suit and heading for Mexico. How am I going to learn to graciously share this little man who has stolen my heart? Our final destination of our night together was appropriately the "Oprah #2" and this is where he finally succumbed to sleep. Starting off in a little wicker basinette I just "happened' to have in my room (for overnight guests such as he...) but in the end I threw all caution to the wind, burned my new copy of "How to Love your Grandchild" and took him into my bed. Naughty. Whatever. Sue me. I slept propped up on two pillows behind me and two pillows on either side and Sam was nestled in the middle on my bony chest. Sweet blissful sleep for the baby boy and the old lady.

3 comments:

carol said...

Oh ...Leslie..Keep it coming!

Rats..I missed you again today!

xoxo

C

Great Grandma Lois said...

Is it going to be breast feeding next?

Leslie said...

LOL!!!

Well, aren't you the comedian today Mom?