Sunday will be a memorable day. Not only will I be celebrating Thanksgiving but I will be surrounded by my entire family for the first time since October 22, 2006. It was almost a year ago that we were last all together at Jen and Mike's wedding and so much has happened since. Tara and Devin have new jobs that they love and they have moved to a new home at the tiptop of Grouse Mountain. I guess the million dollar view of Vancouver's skyline is just part of Devin's salary. In August, Tara successfully participated in the "Weekend to End Breast Cancer", raising over $2000.00 for the cause. They climbed Mt. Hood this summer and lately filled our garage with their treasures (junk) to the point that I now park my car on the street! Just in time for the winter frost.Jordan continues at BCIT and is looking forward to the first sign of snow. He talks about traveling to Australia in 2008 with his friend so I guess I should start emotionally preparing for what will eventually become "the empty nest." Is it a good feeling? NO! A decade ago I would have been praying for some peace and quiet, but now I know better. Thank God for dogs.

And spouses. Graham and I are moving into a new phase of our life together. I really feel a distinct difference in our relationship. We might buy a second home somewhere sometime somehow. Recently he succumbed to my New York City obsession and has said that he is ready to go there with me. (I guess the drugs I slipped him are finally taking effect....)
Jen and Mike will soon celebrate their first wedding anniversary. I hope that very soon we will be planning a reception party for them in Canada. I'll do my best to remember the day should be all about them and not my grandson!
I'll cook a turkey on Sunday. I have already baked pumpkin loaf. I hope to get a family photo (dogs included) taken outside with the terrific fall colours behind us. I'll be the regal queen sitting in the middle presiding (controlling) over all with the baby in her arms and the happiest face of them all. I make sure that Jen and Mike are standing in the background.
So what does this all have to do with "Thoughts of being a Grandma...?"
Nothing really. I just like to brag about my family. It's as simple as that. The blog today is a bit of a ramble and perhaps not too interesting for the reader but it gives me a chance to remind myself what is most important. Being together with the ones you love most. I hope the very same for you this weekend.
Happy Thanksgiving to you all!
7 comments:
New York??? Wait a minute.
What happened to San Francisco?? - Would be much closer to your grandson anyway... :)
Have a happy Thanksgiving!
xo
Annie
Mom,
Correction: we climbed Mount Baker.
:-)
- T
Whatever, Tara. It was Mount something...Hood - Baker, what's the difference?
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Enjoy each other..and most of all SAM!
xox
Carol
We'll be thinking of you all as you celebrate. We send our love and are thankful we have such a great family.
Papa and Gwenn
My heavens! It worked, my comment was posted!, another thing to be thankful for!!
Gwenn
Hope you're all enjoying your Canadian Thanksgiving in Seattle with the latest family addition!!
I'm sure Canadian turkey is much better than American turkey - and cheaper now with the Canadian Dollar worth more than the US greenback.
Hope the US border service did not confiscate the bird at the border -I'm sure they're a whole lot more ethical than those damn Canadian border guards and their penchant for 40 oz bottles of vodka - I hope little Samuel never has to learn of his gramma's bootlegging foray of last year!!!!
Take care all and enjoy yout long week-end together!!
Great Uncle Jamie and Great Aunt Laura!!!!
Post a Comment